Silent Nature, Mask in Progress is just a short video to show our current collaborative project with Mask Artist Ketut Sukerta. Sawidji has two ongoing projects with Ketut. One is to build our collection of traditional masks. The other is our collaborative work.
This is the first mask in a series that Sawidji has initiated. Exploring current themes that we can reflect upon. This mask is nearing completion so hopefully we will have a feature on it next week.
Sawidji Gallery YouTube Channel
We created a Sawidji YouTube Channel last week. All our videos will be uploaded there as well. So we hope you will take a look and enjoy more from Sawidji.
- Finding July in SeptemberBuilding community, making memories and trusting dreams… a Sawidji story.
- Contemplations at Mengening TemplePura Mengening. Contemplations on the significance of Water and Purification in Balinese Culture.
- Red Chair and the White Room Part IIRed Chair and the White Room Part II is a short storybook film that is part of our collaboration at Sawidji Gallery.
- ‘Red Chair and the White Room’, a CollaborationA Sawidji Collaboration: Red Chair and the White Room. A collaborative presentation that looks upon current social and cultural changes through a symbolic portrait narrative.
- Perang Pandan, Another War EntirelyPerang Pandan. Tenganan Pegeringsingan Traditional Village. Its A precious living tradition fighting an entirely different war.
- More Than a LikenessMore than Likeness with Kaprus Jaya. A new series of works by contemporary artist Kaprus Jaya opening at Sawidji Gallery.
- Lontar Our Ancient BooksIntroducing Palm Leaf Manuscripts. Its history and process. Featuring the Lontar Library Museum, Desa Adat Dukuh, Karangasem Bali.