Silent Nature, Mask in Progress is just a short video to show our current collaborative project with Mask Artist Ketut Sukerta. Sawidji has two ongoing projects with Ketut. One is to build our collection of traditional masks. The other is our collaborative work.
This is the first mask in a series that Sawidji has initiated. Exploring current themes that we can reflect upon. This mask is nearing completion so hopefully we will have a feature on it next week.
Sawidji Gallery YouTube Channel
We created a Sawidji YouTube Channel last week. All our videos will be uploaded there as well. So we hope you will take a look and enjoy more from Sawidji.
- Think PortraitureLooking at one of the oldest forms of traditional art that have survived and what it reveals about the human consciousness.
- Gunung Kawi Temple, Witness a Thousand YearsGunung Kawi Temple, Witness a Thousand Years. Of Stones and Trees. Our Sacred Places in the Quiet Days.
- Another Gutenberg EffectThe Gutenberg Effect. Our changing social behaviours and its effect on our relationship with Art.
- A Forest MemoryThe power of memory and the secrets of an Ancient Forest. Of Stones and Trees: Sangeh Monkey Forest.
- Tumbuh, What’s in a Name?What’s in a name? an artist, gardener, a builder and entrepreneur, experimentor, collector…
- Golden Masks of Ancient FacesExploring the beauty and wonder of Ancient Funerary Masks
- Trees and Time Old FriendsReflections on age, usefulness and a Trees artistic beauty. With Artist Harijadi