Silent Nature, Mask in Progress is just a short video to show our current collaborative project with Mask Artist Ketut Sukerta. Sawidji has two ongoing projects with Ketut. One is to build our collection of traditional masks. The other is our collaborative work.
This is the first mask in a series that Sawidji has initiated. Exploring current themes that we can reflect upon. This mask is nearing completion so hopefully we will have a feature on it next week.
Sawidji Gallery YouTube Channel
We created a Sawidji YouTube Channel last week. All our videos will be uploaded there as well. So we hope you will take a look and enjoy more from Sawidji.
- World Without Sound, an AnthologyAn anthology of reflections through art on a World Without Sound. In the true spirit of inclusivity.
- The Power of Topeng TuaAn exercise of the deepest empathy through the wisdom of Topeng Tua
- An Insightful Contradiction of Art and Law.. Made KaekThe enchanting dimensionality in the art and life of Made Kaek.
- Dancing Memories of Wayang WongShared memories of the mysterious nature of a unique ancient tradition. The Wayang Wong of Pura Taman Pule.
- Awaiting HanumanThe Living Masks of Bali. Hanuman, a mask in progress. A look into the making of the mask of Hanuman and our love of a cherished symbol of devotion.
- A Bridge To Self, Painting a MeditationExplores the similar fates we have designated to works of art as we do ourselves. Perhaps the reason that art can be a healing path back to the self.
- The Subtleties of Topeng KerasExplores what lies within the character of ‘Topeng Keras’. One of the sacred Masks that appear in Topeng Babad. Amongst Bali’s oldest and most sacred Dance Mask Rituals.