October: Art & Unity Through Photography
Sawidji Explorative Space introduces our first open call in collaboration with Basabali Wiki for all photography enthusiasts who wish to explore their passion for art and photography. Nurturing the development of original ideas through new perspectives. Welcoming multi-disciplinary visuals, techniques and genres.
From the basis that we believe art can serve as a bridge, a point of connection to bring people together. We welcome all interpretive ideas that explore visually and through mediums and process, what you wish to say about ‘art and unity’.
Keywords: Art as a bridge, universal language, unity in diversity, mixed-media, strong personal message, process focused.
Submission deadline: 15th November
This is a wonderful opportunity for 10 selected artworks and their respective creators to be featured in a collaborative project with Sawidji Gallery and our curatorial team (Tjandra Hutama, ManButur Suantara and Dewi Dian Reich). Selected artworks will be featured in our articles as well as the Basabali Wiki Community Platform. In addition to the end-of-year collaborative project, you will also receive a fine art printing voucher issued by Niti Mandala Printing.
Whether you are a hobbyist, amateur or professional photographer, ‘Art & Unity’ provides a space to challenge your creative boundaries. Selected works will continue this exploration together with us here in Sawidji with an online featured publication supported by Sawidji Gallery and Basabali Wiki. A wonderful opportunity to spotlight your portfolio as well as for personal creative development.
Some references that you may explore to inspire your imagination on what you can do to express your message through photography as a fine art.
Submit Your Entry Through Basabali Wiki
Upload your image and fill out the required details to enter in ‘Art & Unity’ through Basabali Wiki Community Spaces Visual Art Section.
For inquiries on any details on this open call, you can directly message Sawidji and Basabali Wiki through Instagram and Facebook.
Terms and Conditions
- Explorative Space participants are open to the public & free.
- Photo works are free to approach any photography technique, digital manipulation, or mixed media.
- Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) is not permitted.
- Photo works do not contain elements of violence, politics, pornography, insults or harassment of SARA.
- All photo material used is private property. The organizer is free from demands from the owner of the property and/or models included in the work.
- Upload deadline is November 15, 2023.
- Participants are required to upload all writing and work data via the following link: https://dictionary.basabali.org/Special:FormEdit/VisualArt
- Curation based on aspects of aesthetic assessment, concept, meaning and message conveyed with reference to the Art & Unity theme
- 10 selected works will be contacted via Whatsapp & Email for verification. The organizer has the right to use selected works for documentation and publication purposes.
- 10 selected works will be featured in Sawidji Gallery’s online publication, and you will have the opportunity to shoot a collaborative studio at Sawidji, as well as get a fine art printing voucher from Niti Mandala Printing.
- Sawidji Gallery will have the right to publish and distribute work under all related and relevant platforms.
- By participating in the Sawidji Explorative Space open invitation, participants are deemed to have agreed to all terms and conditions.