Joy Through Theatre Workshop with Dr. Mas Ruscitadewi
Joy Through Theatre (Yoga in Theatre) workshop is a remarkable program with an inspiring mentor. Dr. Anak Agung Mas Sagung Ruscitadewi professor of theatre and literature is a poet, writer and academic. Pivotal mentor in the community and her philosophy of joy and wellbeing is translated into the ‘Joy Through Theatre’ workshop. A truly inspiring experience that encompasses breath, yoga and theatre.
- Recognizing, understanding and interpreting oneself as a living being
- Recognize, understand and interpret the body, as a mind-body, physical body, and soul body or soul/spirit/soul
- Understanding the soul body/soul as central,
- Understanding, interpreting and managing thoughts that are free without limits, always right, shrewd, agile, intelligent can go anywhere, anytime and anything.
- Understanding, interpreting and managing breath, entering the body, in the body and outside the body
- Managing breath in sound and shape/movement/mimic
- Understand, interpret and manage the soul (small/sad, medium/happy, big/angry)
- Play a character
About Agung Masruscita Dewi
Mas Ruscitadewi whose full name is Anak Agung Sagung Mas Ruscitadewi, comes from Kesiman, Denpasar, Bali. Completed his doctoral program at I Gusti Bagus Sugriwa State Hindu University Denpasar. Writing poetry, stories and plays, and acting since elementary school. Pioneering publications include the Balinese Tabloid for Children of Lintang and Inserts, Bali Orti, on the Bali Post Weekly. Coordinator of Graha Nadha who produces cassettes and videos of Balinese youth and children’s songs. Creator of Balinese youth and children’s songs.
Her writing titled ‘Man in the House’ became one of the winners of the Bali Modern Drama Manuscript Writing Competition. Her poetry was one of the winners in the international poetry competition “Atlanta Review’. Agung Mas Ruscitadewi wrote scripts and performed plays on TVRI Bali, at the Denpasar Cultural Park, in Lombok, Taiwan and Australia. She has published a book of collections of drama scripts, short monologues, poetry and children’s stories in Balinese, Indonesian, English and Japanese. Awarded the best participant in the 2020 Virtual Actor Trail organized by the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture. Her children’s story entitled “Wayang Sayang'” was included in the Anthology of Indonesian Children’s Stories published in Indonesian, Balinese language and script, and translated into 6 UN languages, as a souvenir for delegates at the 2022 G20 meeting in Bali.
- Private lesson (1-2 persons) 800.000Rp/per person
- 3-5 persons 500.000Rp/per person
- 6+ persons 300.000Rp/per person
In addition to our Joy Through Theatre Workshop with Agung Mas Ruscitadewi, Sawidji Gallery has other workshops to explore. Some of which is learning to play the Balinese Rebab, mask carving and watercolour painting. Explore Art
Go back to Sawidji Home